April 22, 2011

Books

Last Wednesday, I headed over to Borders in Chapel Hill.

It's one of the many, many, many Borders that's closing. It happened to be the last day they were open, so everything was $0.99 or less.

THAT IS LESS THAN $1 PER BOOK.
DSC_7497.jpg
I went a little nuts. I wandered by every shelf with books left on it and grabbed whatever looked even slightly interesting. 
DSC_7497.jpg
Don't judge my book selections. 

I spent $14.57. Less than $1 per book, according to my receipt I saved $189.28 (ALMOST $200!!). Normally, I'd be pretty excited about that, but right now I just feel the teensy-isty-bitsy-bit guilty. It had to have been more than $1 per book to publish them. It makes me sad that people aren't purchasing enough books to keep bookstores open. 

Enough of the sadness/guilt/many-complexes I've created for myself. 

This is the book I was suckered into buying. 
DSC_7497.jpg
DSC_7497.jpg
It was the "autograph copy" sticker. I am so easily manipulated.

This is the book I'm most excited to read.
DSC_7497.jpg
DSC_7497.jpg
Has anyone read it? 

Or any of these 15 books? 
DSC_7497.jpg

2 comments :

  1. wow. I am jealous. I wish I had known about it. because I would have probably done exactly the same thing.

    and no, I have neither read or even heard of any of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will let you know if there are any gems. ( : Doubtful, but you never know!

    ReplyDelete