February 21, 2011

Theme Song

So, I've kinda been in love with this song for several years...like since college. It's nothing new. 

And it's country. 
Go ahead, judge me. I know all you hipsters all you hipsters and wannabe hipsters and I'm-notta-hipsters and Maggie are anti-country. 

Here's my question for you: Is there anything better than cruising around on a warm spring day, sun shining, windows down, hair blowing, singing as loud as you can to the sounds of a guitar with your best twangy voice?? 

The answer: NO.

Sara Evans - Born To Fly (Official Music Video). Watch more top selected videos about: Sara Evans


Born to Fly
I've been tellin' my dreams to the scarecrow
'Bout the places that I'd like to see
I said, friend do you think I'll ever get there
Ah, but he just stands there smilin' back at me

So I confessed my sins to the preacher
About the love I've been prayin' to find
Is there a brown eye'd boy in my future, yeah
He says. girl you've got nothin' but time

But how do you wait for heaven
And who has that much time
And how do you keep your feet on the ground
When you know, that you were born, you were born to fly

My daddy, he's grounded like the oak tree
My momma, she is steady as the sun
Oh you know I love my folks
But I keep starin' down the road
Just lookin' for my one chance to run

Yeah, 'cause I will soar away like the blackbird
I will blow in the wind like a sea
I will plant my heart in the garden of my dreams
And I will grow up where I'll wander wild and free

Oh, how do you wait for heaven
And who has that much time
And how do you keep your feet on the ground
When you know, that you were born
You were born yeah
You were born to fly

So how do you wait for heaven
And who has that much time
And how do you keep your feet on the ground
When you know that you were born
You were born to fly fly fly fly

4 comments :

  1. I am NOT a hipster. You take that back Amy Elizabeth Hoffman!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @magnolia
    I retract my former statement "All you hipsters" and replace it with "All you hipsters and wannabe hipsters and I'm-notta-hipsters and Maggie."

    ReplyDelete
  3. dude, sometimes our similarities scare me - I love this song, too! love, love, love.

    ReplyDelete