August 3, 2010

August

What happened to July? Where did it go? Why does my calendar say August 3, 2010??

Why?
Why?
WHYYYYYY?

I'll tell you what happened in July according to my iCalendar:
1. I drove home from Indiana at the beginning of the month and stayed the night with my good friends, Jessica and Jake, on my way back to North Carolina. I love friends. I don't know if you knew.
2. Megan came down to Durham (she's in Baltimore for the summer) and we went to watch fireworks. We sat in the lawn for about an hour, then they were set off behind a building. As you can tell from the pictures, it was awesome.
DSC_0954.jpg

DSC_0954.jpg
3. I worked.
4. I went to Wrightsville Beach.
DSC_0954.jpg
5. I worked.
6. I went to a Durham Bulls baseball game.
DSC_0839.jpg
7. I applied and heard back from a potential new job.
8. I went to Baltimore to hang out with Megan because if I did get the job I would be starting soon, which meant leaving soon and I wanted some QT (quality time) just in case.
DSC_0954.jpg
9. I had a phone interview for the job. At the end of my phone call Megan started yelling "MAP!!!!" because she had been driving us home in Baltimore and got a little lost since we couldn't take the underwater tunnel because that would have lost my cell phone connection. The thing is, I hadn't hung up the phone yet. A magical moment. I'll never know if they heard it or not because four days later, I got an email saying I didn't get the job. It was sad and yet, probably not the right time/place/situation/location/etc. It would have been insanely stressful to move. At least that's what I'm telling myself. 
10. I worked.
11. I drove to Indiana. In 11 1/2 hours. I am a maniac.

And now it is apparently August.
Bye, bye July.

0 Comments make my heart happy :

Post a Comment