October 12, 2009

Monday Monday

Except it's not just another manic Monday.

I'm done working at the Registrar's office at UNC. I didn't get out of bed until about 9:30-10:00 this morning.

I know, it's rough.

Then I went to the library to check out some books.

Now, I'm at Mad Hatter's Cafe drinking coffee and eating a cheese danish.


The danish is a bit dry, but it's not overly sweet and quite tasty.

Being done at UNC is weird. I was there for almost 11 months...as a temp. Weird. They had a goodbye party for me. It was so sweet. I received cards and notes and it was so nice to have an honest appreciation of my time there. This was the first time in my grown-up job life that I've felt that at a job where I worked for longer than 6 months. (You should see my complete resume, it's littered with 3-4 month jobs and one 2 year position.)

Appreciation.

Can we ever over-appreciate a person? I think not. And it's ALWAYS nice to hear how great people think you are.

When was the last time someone told you how awesome you are?

When was the last time you told someone else?


I'm challenging myself to be better about this. We all know I have "stuff" around validation, but I can't get any better at it unless I practice. I believe that we all deserve to feel good about ourselves. Confidence is beautiful and the confidence to tell someone what you think is great about them is just as important as self-confidence.

Good luck.

Love.

0 Comments make my heart happy :

Post a Comment