September 14, 2009

Thoughts on the VMAs

I have a small, tiny, minuscule, minor obsession with pop culture right now.

Please forgive me.

And help me.

Reality is a much better place to live in, but you know...

So my thoughts on the 2009 MTV Video Music Awards (VMAs)

1. Kanye West is a douche bag. Yup a douche bag. How many times can you be a prick and people/fans forgive you and keep buying your music? The man has talent, but his talent is overshadowed by his egocentricism.


2. Perhaps running from the subway up to Radio City Music Hall was not such a great idea Taylor...you were a bit flat.

(cringing...cringing...cringing...Although I think Taylor is adorable and talented, her songs have this tendency to have verses that are in this lilty-speak-sing thing which I don't really get. You do know that there are a lot more than 4 notes out there for verses, right?)

3. Two words: Lady Gaga



(Yes, this is "fashion"...anyone care to disagree?)

4. Beyonce is a diva. And classy. And gorgeous.



5. Does anyone else find themselves completely smitten over funny men? They don't have to be attractive. Just funny. Cute doesn't hurt, but the cute factor goes up with a bit of humor.


6. Someone must be making money off of all this Michael Jackson stuff. The tribute was cool, but then the one song to DJ AM (Does anyone else know who DJ AM was? Just me? I told you I was obsessed with pop culture...and E! and Perez Hilton.) was cut off during the commercial break, is that fair? Is that unfair? They showed a preview for a Michael Jackson documentary/film thing...just to make money? Why? I guess I'm just kind of over it.

And if you want more head over to MTV for all the scoop.

1 comment :

  1. Funny men are HOT men. I was telling Kyle about how much I love Alan Tudyk and when he figured out who he was, he claimed he was goofy looking but I think he's incredibly attractive, in part because of the funny.

    Andy Samburg is also gorgeous because of the funny. I love his "Mark Wahlberg Talks to Animals". :)

    ReplyDelete