June 8, 2009

why Monday is not as fun as Sunday

Sundays are possibly the best day of the week. Why? Because they're just so nicely balanced: a little spiritual formation, a little relaxation, a little cleaning, a little coffee, a little studying, and a little TV. Sometimes I even add in a little socialization, but that was just too much for this week.

After church and cleaning I went to not one, but two fabulous coffee spots in Durham.

First I headed over to Parker and Otis for some porch sittin'. Parker and Otis is a beautiful store, with all it's local goods and fun baskets. But, it also has a bakery/cafe with yummy food and a coffee bar with Counter Culture coffee. The weather was PERFECT yesterday to spend some time there.



This is my favorite porch in Durham (so far, anyone know any others I should check out before making this a fact?). One because it's covered, so it's always shady and two because it's super chill. You can sit for hours and people are cool about it. Kids are running around, college students eating brunch, and dogs are hanging out under the tables.


This little guy was hanging out too, trying to catch a crumb.

P&O is in Brightleaf Square where the old tobacco warehouses used to be. Most of them have been repurposed into shops, restaurants, offices and loft apartments. It's a beautiful thing.


From the boiler rooms of the old tobacco warehouses, they took the old pipes, fans, and other stuff that makes a boiler a boiler, and used it to make these railings around the P&O porch.


I like it.

Then I headed over to Francesca's, my regular study spot for some more book work. After my afternoon of studying I went home to watch the Tonys! YAY!

I've been excited for the Tonys ever since this happened at the Oscars:


Anyone else love musical theatre as much as I do? Yes? Whoo!

First of all, I missed the beginning because I was making sugar popcorn. And this is what I missed:

How did Stockard Channing keep a straight face after that? Did she miss it too?

I'm dying, DYING to see West Side Story. It's bi-lingual. How cool is that? And hellooo Tony.

Eye candy anyone?

The best acceptance of the night had to be from the Billy Elliot boys. They were adorable, humble and so sweet.


THE MUSICAL IS BACK!
( :

0 Comments make my heart happy :

Post a Comment